Home life with Daddy's girls

One night as Anna Cate and I lay in bed a long time ago (I think even before Molly was born), she said to me, "maybe Molly will be a Mommy's girl"  as if to say there is hope for you, Mom.  Nah...
Molly has become quite the Daddy's girl and actually prefers him over me.  A few nights ago, as BJ gave her a bath, I caught the look of adoration on film (or on card..does that expression film work in the digital age?)
And the look of sheer joy playing peek-a-boo with him:


Last week when Anna Cate had Leana spend the night, BJ created a tent out of her room for the girls.

The girls had a tea party first with cupcakes, and I'm not sure if it was the company, the icing or the tent, but they stayed up quite late. 

So I'm finding other ways to feel important as the Mommy, and I've enjoyed decorating our home a bit for winter and Valentine's Day, 

Something about having Anna Cate at the age where I know she will remember things gives me motivation and permission to be silly, like using candy for decor.


Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest” ~ Robert Montgomery

Comments