Details

d

e·tail [n. dih-teyl, dee-teyl; v. dih-teyl
–noun
1.
an individual or minute part; an item or particular.
2.
particulars collectively


My husband is a man of details. He is great at them. Without him or his attention to details, our family just wouldn't run so well.



Almost two weeks ago, we celebrated BJ's 32nd birthday.  The girls and I let him sleep in. I mean, I really got up with the kids and we tried to stay quiet.  I almost went ballisitic (ok, I did get a little crazy) when after two more hours of slumber, he gets up and says, "I couldn't really sleep," because I sure as
heck could have slept the last two hours, BUT it was his birthday so if he wanted to lay in bed "not really sleeping" on that morning, it was his day.


We went out for lunch to "Steak & Shake."  Since I gave the vegan diet a try in early January, I didn't partake of steak or a shake, but the company was delightful and BJ seemed to have fun.
:: attention to or treatment of a subject in individual or minuteparts: to postpone detail and concentrate on a subject as awhole.
BJ loves to eat out, so it was out for dinner as well to a Japanese steak house. The entertainment kept Anna Cate's attention, which was fun. She calls it, "the place where the kitchen is in front of you."

Anna Cate and I made him a two-layer chocolate cake.  It is my way of making a cake, semi-homemade...box mix, homemade frosting. The cake had a lot of sprinkles, made with a lot of love.

::
any small section of a larger structure or whole, consideredas a unit. (The unit here being our  family, look at him -- he is as happy with one little girl singing her heart away)


::intricate, finely wrought decoration.

BJ loves his girls and they love him. Molly's eyes light her whole face up when she hears or sees him, Anna Cate adores him, and I can't imagine life without him.  Although the timing of his birthday makes me a bit of a slacker on the logistics of celebration, the sentiment is of love, admiration, appreciation and celebration for his life. I thank this mama for giving him life and raising him to be such a great father and husband. He takes wonderful care of all three of us and we are so fortunate in the way that he nurtures, loves and protects us, his family.

BJ isn't a man of flowery words, deeply thought out metaphors, but a man  of productivity, substance and efficiency. So, real quick here are some reasons why he is such a great person, father and husband.  He gets both the girls ready in the morning, makes me a fabulous protein shake, packs his lunch (and often mine).  He is the chef in the house. He knows how to play on the floor with Molly or entertain Anna Cate.  He is a great gift-giver, gives attention to most details in life, is the most competent person I know.  We make a great team because mostly what I'm not-so-good at, he is...like, time-management, functioning in the morning, details.  That leads me to another reason he is so great. I know that I must get on his nerves because I stink at things that come so naturally to him, but he always finds a way to make me feel loved and appreciated. He wants nothing more out of life than to see the three of us happy. Just this week, I ordered myself a piece of jewelry, then decided against it, canceled the order because I felt guilty about spending the money, but he called the Stella & Dot representative himself and ordered it for me.

I wish I could come up with the perfect way to describe his generous spirit, kind soul and competency, but just saying, "he really is a great guy" sums it up. We love you and I'm sorry two weeks late blogging about your birthday. Details!?!

Comments