To Sleep Perchance to Dream

It is no wonder to me that I chose to beg BJ 4 years ago for us to have another child, because a 3 year old is quite delightful.  I have hinted around on this blog and shared my deepest fear with a few close friends that I favored Anna Cate over Molly because I found Molly's behavior so difficult and I worried that her personality was as well. 
 photo IMG_0670_zpse7c863a8.jpg
But it turns out, Molly is not a socio-path -- she was sleep deprived. 

At her three year check up when our fabulous pediatrician asked me if I had any concerns, I had a list of issues I thought were unrelated. I was concerned about her moral development, her difficult behavior and the fact that when she naps during the day that she will get out of bed every few minutes up until way too late (which caused a miserable morning for her). So, the doctor suggested 1 mg of melatonin and chamomile tea, 
 photo IMG_0721_zps8396aef5.jpg
and oh-my-goodness it has changed our life as well as her demeanor.
 photo IMG_0710_zps46d8153a.jpg
She's still her own little self, a little independent and self-sufficient, but the sweetness and fun-loving spirit has blossomed, outshining it all.  
 photo IMG_0707_zps6cdd29c0.jpg
So in love and so thankful for realizing she just needed sleep.
 photo IMG_0704_zpsa1de1b03.jpg
Molly is precious personified and she mixes cuddling and cutting humor with charm.  
 photo IMG_0703_zpscd51c9ff.jpg
And while I'm comforted by the constant kindness and thoughtfulness of Anna Cate, I'm so happy to be enjoying Molly in a new light of rest.  She comes into our room in the morning in the best mood making the me think the best part of my day is right now... Maybe the best of life is right now.
 photo IMG_0697_zps27828708.jpg


 To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.
~Joan Klempner

Comments